Thursday, October 26, 2006

Amazing Amount of Storage Space

It's really amazing everything you can fit into a car like the RAV4. I start by pointing out the several hundred copies of the Sunday paper I can haul around for work every weekend. These hundreds of copies can be piled into the passenger seat and into the back of the car without ever getting in the way of driving, reaching for anything, or interfering with views out the window. I can also toss a couple of lawnmowers, drop spreaders (for seeds or fertilzer), fence post diggers, shovels, a wheelbarrow, and just about anything else I need to do yard work in back of the RAV - as long as I make sure my tarp is covering the interior, my supplies and I are just happy as little clams.

When I first purchased the RAV, I needed to go pick up a new dryer for my house. I found a great deal on Craigslist and headed across town to take a look at a listing. When my friend and I arrived, I decided right away to buy the dryer and handed some cash to the seller. They asked if I had a way of transportting the dryer to my house, and I said "yeah, I'll put in the back of my car." The seller looked at me like I had an arm growing out of my forehead, like "oh, ok... you're gonna put *that* dryer in *that* car?" To which I responded, "sure, no problem... it'll slide right in and fit easily." They then watched in disbelief as my friend and I proceeded to slide the dryer into the RAV, just as I had predicted. We ended up having to stuff some blankets around the dryer simply because there was too much space and we had to keep it from moving and damaging the interior.

I anxiously await to see what else I can fit into this amazing little vehicle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home