Friday, November 03, 2006

Antenna Noise Continued...

Ok, I finally broke down and just bought an antenna filter to help address the alternator/engine noise being transmitted through the antenna. From what I can find, this problem is somehow caused by a bad ground affecting the antenna (just haven't figured out which ground it is). The filter attaches to the antenna cable before it connects to the head unit - I installed it in about 60 seconds including removal of the dash panel. The filter has eliminated most of the noise, probably 90-95% of the whine... so it's an acceptable solution - for now. I still want to completely eliminate it and solve the problem in it's entirety. I guess I'll have to wait awhile... I think I'll start by doing a BIG 3 upgrade, but knowing me, it will take awhile to start on that (heh, I still haven't replaced all the stock speakers yet - the rear one's are still sitting on my kitchen table, waiting for installation).

1 Comments:

Blogger desrtwinker said...

I was hoping that your dash radio has a built-in noise suppressor or inline noise suppressor just like the pioneer branded ones. If not, you can google/ebay one of those 12v inline noise suppressor which you can connect in series with the radio V+ line.

3:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home